[Tigers] Red Tiger on EBAY

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Red Tiger on EBAY
From: vegaslegal@aol.com
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:11:13 -0400
A red Tiger is currently on E-Bay as item # 220220182604.? As I look at it, I
do not doubt its originality, but have a couple of questions concerning what
may be mods on the car or may be original.? I'm curious as to whether it is or
is not a variation in construction.? The # on the car indicates that it is an
MK1a.

First, there is a data plate on the car.? I understood that MK1a's had rivets
and no data plates.? Am I wrong, is this an add-on, or were there variations?

Second, isn't the brake booster the wrong size?

Third, the data plate says "Alpine 260" while the serial plate indicates
LRXFE.? Aren't those inconsistent?

Fourth, the dash appears grained.? Weren't the dashes burl?

Fifth, was it these cars that had the plasticized metal ring at the shifter
rather than the chrome?

Thanx?