Re: [Tigers] Engine Removal

To: owain.lloyd@gmail.com, Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine Removal
From: Bill Waite <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:40:17 -0700 (PDT)
I've pulled and reinstalled engines in Tigers on two separate occasions.  Both
times I dropped the crossmember , hoisted body up and lowered engine in the
manner Owain has suggested.  Never an issue... installed with headers attached
in same manner.  Tight (like everything on a Tiger) but very do-able.  In fact,
did it both times solo (although it would have been nice to have help at times).

  Bill Waite
  Grand Rapids, MI

Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com> wrote:
  wouldn't it be easier to remove the crossmember, jack-up/hang the body
and drop the engine/trans onto a sturdy crawler?

You are subscribed as fordlandia@sbcglobal.net