Re: [Tigers] Fulcrum pin bolts

To: CoolVT@aol.com, brockctella@juno.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fulcrum pin bolts
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:23:25 EDT
I stand corrected.  What I said goes for the four bolts that hold  the
cross member itself to the frame.

If you are talking about the smaller bolts that hold the fulcrum pin  to
the cross member, dont fool around.  They are all that attaches the  lower
A-arm to the car. These bolts have been known to sheer off when
backing up and turning.

I urge you to install John Logan's fulcrum pin fix.  It removes  that
stress on these bolts and provides a much needed safety backup
against catestrophic damage when and I mean WHEN the fulcrum
pin fails.  Everyone's fulcrum will fail, no matter what it is made  of, and
will fail without notice.

I sent a copy of his fic to all who asked over a year ago.  If you  need
a copy drop me a note.

Dave

In a message dated 4/11/2008 6:05:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,