Re: [Tigers] Fulcrum pin bolts

To: brockctella@juno.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fulcrum pin bolts
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:44:32 EDT
The usual cause of stripping the bolt is what I've advised about  before.
three of the 4 crossmember bolts usually go in OK but the 4th is
just off enough to not go or strip when it goes in at a slight angle.
The three bolts that go in should not be snugged down to allow
for movement.
The weight of the engine spreads the frame rail.  Put a 2x6 or
such under the oil and jack slightly to lift the engine a little.
Now the bolt will go in correctly  With a light you can actually
watch the bolt and hole line up.. Don't crush your oil pan.

The bolts are grade 8 NF available from you local CAT or Deere
dealer.  Don't use a cheap bolt.

Once all 4 are in then torque to specs.

Dave

In a message dated 4/11/2008 1:27:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,