[Tigers] Tiger / Alpine stock wheels

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger / Alpine stock wheels
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:23:41 -0400
"
Please do NOT use Alpine wheels on a Tiger.  Although they may "fit",
the center section stamping is thinner than the Tiger, and could fail
under loads."

According to the January 1965 Sunbeam 260 parts catalog and the February 1965
Alpine catalog, the replacement part number for road wheels for all Tigers and
Alpine Series II(B910...) and later cars built after #7290 was the same
(1214930)

This information is repeated for the June 1968 Rootes parts catalog that
includes
both Alpines Series I - V and Tiger and Tiger II.

I wonder at what point the switch to using one wheel for Tiger and Alpine on
the actual assembly lines was made?