[Tigers] FW: Tiger Parts and EBay

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] FW: Tiger Parts and EBay
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:59:25 -0500
 Alan,

 That original throw out bearing must be worth more than a mere $500....

 Check the ad in the current Hemmings for an "original Tiger 260 and top
 loader four-speed". Going to the seller's website,
 http://www.larrykay.com/64FalconR/index.html, I see the price is only
 $7,850. Of course, that includes the '64 Ranchero is which the engine and
 transmission are now installed, along with a six-cylinder engine and
 automatic that could be put in the Ranchero when the Tiger engine and
 transmission are taken out.

 I e-mailed the seller and all he has to indicate that these are Tiger
 components is the Rootes engine sticker on the valve cover and a story
 from the former owner that another former owner somewhere along the line
 wrecked his Tiger and moved the engine and trans to his Ranchero.

 A. C. Tynes
 New Orleans