[Tigers] midget rack

To: tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] midget rack
From: "Owain Lloyd" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:12:42 +0100
just thought i'd share my first impressions after putting in the
midget steering rack.

i put just under 200 miles on the car over the weekend mainly on
country roads.  its absolutely fantastic!

gone is the horrible understeer in tight corners and the tight ratio
makes fast cornering so much easier.  setting the toe is a breeze with
straight adjustable tie rods.  my car used to wander badly on bumpy
roads at speed but of course i'm also benefiting from the
straightening of my crossmember which i did at the same time so i
imagine most of my gains in directional stability come from that.   in
fact i actually didn't bother to set the caster/camber yet, and am
using no shims.  there is visibily positive camber and i'm still so
impressed i can hardly be bothered to break out the caster/camber
gauge at all!