Re: [Tigers] Knott's Ford Show

To: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Knott's Ford Show
From: "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:34:59 -0400
 Tom:

The Knotts show had been a regular calendar event for C.A.T members for
many years.  The event became less desirable when the waterpark was
built and the show lost the capacity for approximately 400 cars.  This
created a pinch for the organizers and the registration became tighter.
Also, an interested participant could enter the show a couple of months
prior to the show, but with the reduction in the number of spaces
available the time required to enter became over one year.  That,
combined with an early arrival time and no exiting the event until after
3:00 p.m., may be some of the reason for the near extinction of Tigers
at that event.  I have never entered the show, but usually visit with
the Tiger owners, which is where I gleaned the above information.

I intended to go to the 2008 show as a spectator, but forgot...

Jere