Re: [Tigers] Water Valve

To: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Water Valve
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:27:52 -0700
from the MSDS   WD 40 ingredients are

Main ingredients, from the material safety data sheet
</wiki/Material_safety_data_sheet>, are:

    * 50%: Stoddard solvent </wiki/Stoddard_solvent> (mineral spirits
      </wiki/Mineral_spirits>, somewhat similar to, but not the same as,
      kerosene)
    * 25%: Liquefied petroleum gas </wiki/Liquefied_petroleum_gas>
      (presumably as a propellant, carbon dioxide </wiki/Carbon_dioxide>
      is used now to reduce considerable flammability)
    * 15+%: Mineral oil </wiki/Mineral_oil> (light lubricating oil)
    * 10-%: Inert ingredients

The German version of the mandatory EU safety sheet lists the following
safety relevant ingredients:

    * 60-80%: Heavy Naphtha </wiki/Naphtha> (petroleum product),
      hydrogen </wiki/Hydrogen> treated
    * 1-5%: Carbon dioxide </wiki/Carbon_dioxide>

Fish oil is a urban myth.

mayf