Re: [Tigers] Tiger Clutch

To: Alvin Johnson <twojohnsons@cox.net>, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Clutch
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:10:55 -0700
Al,

The problem is not the rear end 2.88 ratio. It's the too low first gear.
I swapped out my "close ratio" (NOT), for the Mk II style "wide ratio".
It has a taller (more mph/rpm) 1, 2, 3 gears and is NOT "wide spaced".
Runs fine, and good lower gears.

To see the difference, use Bob Hokanson's Excel calculator to examine
speeds, rpm, etc., based on gearbox ratios, tire sizes, and rear end
ratio's. A FREE copy of Microsoft's Excel is download able in the
article link.

An excellent tool.

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/HokansonGearSpeedXL/pt-HokansonGearSpeedXL.asp

Steve