[Tigers] MC bore

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] MC bore
From: "Bob" <bob@hermitagewood.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:13:30 -0500
I'm not sure on the master cylinder size off of the top of my head, but
anyone with this problem should verify the master and slave cylinders are
the correct size.   My wheel alignment guy once told me 'It takes two men
and a boy to work that clutch'.   I was 20 years old and thought nothing of
it, it was what it was.   Years later, the bolts in the pressure plate broke
due to over-actuating the clutch (MC too big, or slave too small).   When I
fixed both the hydraulics and the pressure plate, the car was much easier to
drive, even with a stiffer than stock pressure plate.   Sometime in the cars
life a previous owner or shop had put on the wrong part.

--Bob

>Message: 7

>Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:36:51 +0100

>From: "Owain Lloyd" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>

>Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Clutch

>To: "Sandy Ganz" <sganz@pacbell.net>, "sunbeam john"

>     <sunbeamjohn@msn.com>,  "tigers@autox.team.net"

>     <tigers@autox.team.net>

>What's the stock mc bore? My clutch is hard as hell too.  Gives me cramp in
traffic!  Po had a 7/8" >tilton mc which I suspect is larger bore than
stock.