Re: [Tigers] Ebay 1967 Sunbeam Tiger MK1A, Restored, 25,

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ebay 1967 Sunbeam Tiger MK1A, Restored, 25,
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 08:58:12 -0700
  While there are some oddities to this Tiger I think we need to be thankful
someone took the time/money to keep it on the road.  Is it worth the asking
price? Probably to the guy who is selling it.  They do seem to be somewhat
naive about the value of original, compared to aftermarket parts used.  When
you look at the basic elements of the car it seems they did a decent job.
The top, bumper etc. can all be fixed (though, yes, one would expect them to
already be for $55,000).
  Regarding the mileage, I think given the effort made on the body would
leave me to doubt they would have just put a 125,000 mile engine back in.
While it is trusting the owner/selling companies word, they seem to have
fairly substantiated themselves in the Q&A on Ebay.  In the end, regardless
of what is/isn't stated "Buyer Beware."

Finally, remember that lacking after market wheels you are getting five of
those "rare" Sunbeam steel wheels with a market value of $249.00 EACH!  :-)

Tom