Re: [Tigers] Ebay 1967 Sunbeam Tiger MK1A

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ebay 1967 Sunbeam Tiger MK1A
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 12:27:30 -0700
Tigers,

Just for curiosity, my Buddy Bar original Tiger lettered aluminum valve
covers have nearly half the fins on each side ground off to clear the
firewall.  This car does not, and seems to have deeper fins. Curious.
Yes the front bumper has been twisted up on one side.

As to the "soft top boot cover", I believe that some photos show the
boot cover, and those showing a cover that seems to slope to the rear of
the front seats, are different covers.  The "sloping" one is a Tonneau
cover that has the cockpit cover portion stowed behind the seats.
Perfectly normal with such a cover.

The wrong color (blue) engine appears to be a 289, as the 260 had
outside head surface curved, and these appear straight in the picture.
Pictures of both in "Performance Tuning the Sunbeam Tiger" by Gordon
Chittenden.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman