Re: [Tigers] Ebay 1967 Sunbeam Tiger MK1A

To: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ebay 1967 Sunbeam Tiger MK1A
From: "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 15:49:40 -0400
After reviewing the pictures of the restoration, it appears the proper
procedures were followed for the work carried out.  The bad metal was cut away
and new metal installed, the sills seem to have had the correct strength built
back into them, efforts were made to find replacement floors of the correct
profile, etc.  I also noticed a Jaguar E-Type and a Triumph TR4 in the
background of the pictures, so they must have some knowledge of British
automobiles.  In one of the pictures is the possible name of the restoration
company, "Nationwide Auto Restoration, Inc.".  A few folks have mentioned the
dash is not original, I would imagine that it is much more economical to
replace than repair as age is the enemy of wood dashboards.

Finally, the valve covers.  I have a similar set (Cal Custom?) on my car.
They do fit without modification, but mine have been shaved significantly on
the rears under the cowl to make it possible to remove them without unbolting
everything and lowering the motor.  In the resto pictures they installed the
motor with the valve covers in place, an unwelcome surprise for someone down
the road!

Jere