Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby and your dislike for the man!

To: mrlau@charter.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Register your Shelby and your dislike for the man!
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:33:53 EDT
You guys, in my opinion, are missing one very important fact: if it wasn't
for the work done by SAAC, it is debatable that the Shelby brand would be
anywhere near as well known, respected or intact. What isn't debatable is that
there would be much less confirmed history and data on the individual
cars...and
 the doors would have remained wide open for the "cloning" of Shelbys (sound
familiar?). Fact is, Shelby, the man, basically turned his back on the  whole
Ford relationship, and the cars, as soon as the racing was  done, moving on
to other projects to generate a buck...remember the Shelby Omni?  I'm not
saying there's anything wrong with that, but the fact is SAAC took up  the task
of
preserving the history and integrity of the Shelby Fords, when no  one else
was willing to...

No matter how you look at it, while Shelby owns his name, SAAC has been the
true steward of the legacy and is owed, big time, by the Shelby family.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.