[Tigers] Did my dad help spark the first Tiger?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Did my dad help spark the first Tiger?
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:43:24 -0700
>>Alternatively of course. We could encourage the true followers of
>>Shelbys work to register their Algers - after all he made the first one!

>Actually, he made the second, if you want to look at it that
>way.  Ian paid Ken Miles to build the first, and they drove it from
>LA to San Francisco and back to test the concept before the Shelby
>prototype was completed.

Or better yet, my dad shoehorned a Studebaker straight 6 engine into an MG
TD more than a DECADE before either the Cobra, Tiger or any combination
thereof.  AND, Ken Miles was the manager of International Motors service
department where my dad would take his MG.  So, maybe it was my dad's TD
that sparked Miles' thoughts on putting the V8 in the Alpine.

I'm sure my dad would happily sign anyone's car who wanted it.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this
communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the
intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or
its affiliates and subsidiaries.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use of the information contained in or transmitted
with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately return this communication to the
sender and delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.