Re: [Tigers] Motor mounts

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Motor mounts
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 07:26:55 -0600
Hi Mark,
If you're measuring less distance from the bellhousing flange to the
engine mount bolt, it would move the engine forwards, not rearwards.
Remember that the engine is going to move, not the frame.

It looks to me like the original setup you had with the old mounts, was
correct, positioning the engine to the rear (compared to the other
alternative). With the new mounts, you should still use that arrangement
(i.e. your "first measurement" unless you run into problems with carb
clearance at the firewall or transmission mount location. Maximizing the
clearance between the crank pulley and the rack has maintenance benefits
as well as preventing damage to the rack... My Tiger had a too-long
pulley on it when I got it, and it sawed two slots into the rack tube.

Theo