Re: [Tigers] flywheel surprise

To: <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>, "'Tiger's Den'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] flywheel surprise
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:23:51 -0400
Owain
        Jerry has given you the best information.

Here is some information I have but I can't confirm total accuracy.

5.0L counterweight change to 50 oz in 1985.

Early crankshafts are marked 1M on the front counterweight.

302 crankshafts are marked 2M.

Early harmonic balancers have a 3 bolt pattern for the pulley.

1970 to present the harmonic balancer has 4 bolt pattern.

The 5.0L harmonic balancer, 50 oz balance, has drill holes on the front face
uniformly around the circumference.

The earlier Harmonic balancer generally only has drill holes in a couple of
location around the circumference.

The 1 part number on the balancer I have a reference to shows E4TE-6316-A3A.

Obviously the crank, balancer and flywheel all need to be the correct
balance weight or a vibration will result.

Hope this helps

Ron Fraser