Re: [Tigers] Doane's Horses

To: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Doane's Horses
From: David Sosna <sosnaenergyconsulting@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:39:49 -0700
Hi Jeff:
The following quote: "Could you tell the difference between a 260 and a
289 just by opening the hood and looking at the engine?  Neither could
the tech inspectors!" was attributed to Doane--I just wish I could
remember where I saw it.  Anyway, from what I gather, Doane was supposed
to have swapped in a 289 in one of the racing cars (don't know if it was
the HSC car) and nobody caught wise :-)

Best Regards
David Sosna