Re: [Tigers] BMW gas (not gasoline)

To: <Carmods@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] BMW gas (not gasoline)
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:00:28 -0700
Don't think that GM can be "entirely stupid"?

I seemed to remember GM chose the Hummer over EV-1.
And then the GM board openly laughed at Toyota's management when the Prius
was announced.
Toyota will sell several hundred thousand Priuses this year. But we all make
mistakes.

Then, didn't GM hire some of the top guys from Toyota?

I believe the formula that the California Air Resources Board adopted was
the reason for GM to run with Hydrogen.
To comply with the California quotas, auto makers are allowed choices.
Different types of vehicles have different production quotas The lowest
quota is for Hydrogen vehicles.

GM's new chairman seems to be really on the ball. I've listened to his
interviews where he guesses at the future. He listed EVs as part of
solution, but by no means the whole thing. He never mentioned Hydrogen. I
took that as a hint.

Buck Trippel