Re: [Tigers] BMW gas (not gasoline)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] BMW gas (not gasoline)
From: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:29:23 -0400
You are correct, it is not a smart thing to do from an energy balance
point of view...today. However, if you had a large amount of cheap and
clean electrical power from solar, wind or..dare I say...nuclear to
convert, process and compress hydrogen, then using H2 as an energy
transfer medium makes sense.

When someone comes up with fusion power, we should be OK, there's enough
deuterium in the oceans to last a few million years or so. In the mean
time, I vote to put the Navy in charge of power generation in this
country, a few A4W's scattered around the country would solve most of
these energy woes. Their safety record since the first nuke boat, the
1954 USS Nautilus, has been impeccable. What of the waste, you ask?
Recycle it, then send the residual into space (or maybe Pahrump) :>).

Bugz - an old Navy nuke guy who has had the honor of being personally
chastised by Adm. Rickover...and survived.