Re: [Tigers] Off Topic Replicator Bots

To: "'Steve Laifman'" <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>, "'Tiger's Den'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Off Topic Replicator Bots
From: "grl19" <grl19@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:25:44 -0400
There are systems out there will take a 3-D AutoCad drawing and create a
plastic model of it.  Using a special plastic hardened by a certain laser.
The company I worked for before retiring scanned a typical crescent wrench
with a laser, fed it into the modeler and it turned out a fully functional
crescent wrench.  They also scanned a planetary gear assembly & re-created
it, again fully functional.

I want one to go with my laser etching system but the cost is grossly
prohibitive as a toy!

George

B382000283