Re: [Tigers] Door and trunk locks

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Door and trunk locks
From: Randy Zimmermann <zimme008@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:59:24 -0700 (PDT)
Everyone will, no doubt, have their own approach to this.  During the
restoration when I was scheming about what I needed to have operational, I
thought for sure I would need the locks to work on the doors and trunk.
Having had the Tiger on the road for a summer and a half, however, I have come
to the conclusion that neither the door or trunk lock present a very effective
deterrent to mischief-makers.  I employ a Club (locking on the brake pedal and
steering wheel) and, if I'm going to be gone and out-of-sight for awhile, I
take out the battery terminal switch key (little screw in knob).  Maybe not a
concours solution but it has worked effectively to date.

Tigering around the shores of the big Gitchi Gammi,

Randy Z.
Duluth, MN