[Tigers] more ePay Tigers...fun topic

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] more ePay Tigers...fun topic
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 09:23:55 -0500
All,

I know we beat this to death sometimes, but I can't help it, I enjoy the
topic. There are several cars on e-Pay right now, and the one that caught my
eye is the car with the Alpine parts car out of New Jersey. (Item number:
260256780525) and link below if it will work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Sunbeam-Tiger-Sunbeam-Tiger-1966-r
eal-original-car_W0QQitemZ260256780525QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260256780525&_t
rksid=p3286.m14.l1318

In previous discussions we have talked about when a car is too far gone....I
remember a little red car sitting in the snow up north a few months back, and
the opinions were across the board about whether or not it was
"savable"....and I seem to remember taking the position that it was definitely
capable of being saved and we should keep them on the road....well....now I am
retracting that logic on this car. It seems clear to me that its definitely a
real Tiger, and it has literally rotted away to nothing left. And between that
and the wreck, I don't see much left to work with. At least there are some
good parts... like inner fenders and drivetrain...some good interior bits that
fortunately the owner keep out of the weather....but I cannot imagine the body
being remotely usable, even for the most dedicated to optimism.

I'm pretty sure that this one is so thin, that if you put a rope on it and
tried to drag it out of the mud, it would pull apart into pieces the size of
suitcases.

Cullen