Re: [Tigers] russo steele tiger listing

To: Duke Samouce <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] russo steele tiger listing
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 20:06:13 -0600
My local tire dealer (KAL tire, FYI) recommends that tires be replaced
every five or six years at the outside, because the rubber ages beyond
it's useful life in that time. The timeline for performance tires (or
winter-only tires) is shorter than that. You might find that your TA's
are impossible to wear out but also that they have little traction.

If anyone is looking for period correct tires (although they don't have
the Dunlop RS5) then Coker Tire has a couple of offerings. They have
TA's but not in 13".

https://store.coker.com/search.php?tire_model=Tiger&tire_year=1966&tire_make=SUNBEAM

Cheers,
Theo

Duke Samouce wrote:
> Thanks Theo,
>
> I fully intend on going with modern sticky rubber when these relic TA
> Radials wear out.
<snip>