Re: [Tigers] Hardtop Hoist

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Larry Allbritton" <larryall@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hardtop Hoist
From: "steve wick" <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 04:40:08 -0700
I put a piece of Unistrut on the ceiling (actually 2 10' pieces) and bought
the trolley wheels they make for it. I then mounted a
cheap Harbor Freight electric hoist motor to the trolley. I can strap the top
to the hoist hook, hit a button and it goes up and
then I can slide it sideways out of the way. I use the same setup for
removing/installing hoods on other cars. Anything up to about
300 lbs. Hope this helps.

Steve