Re: [Tigers] Hardtop Hoist

To: Larry Allbritton <larryall@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hardtop Hoist
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:45:18 -0700
Larry,

While the Tiger does not have a lift, my 2005 T-Bird now does.  Same
solution for both cars.

Fortunately the T-Bird hoist, (manual) came with a lifting fixture to
protect the top, but a little fabrication can do that.  A foam covered
tube through the window opening at the back corner, and a web connection
to the hoist, and a similar web to the rear edge, will do the trick. A
typical one can be found at:

<http://www.hoistlifts.com/ford.htm>http://thunderbirdconcepts.com/hoist.htm
(Nice Pics , $329, manual winch)

or mine @: