Re: [Tigers] Shift knob

To: William Lau <mrlau@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Shift knob
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:39:13 -0700
Bill, and Mark,

I just went in the garage and looked.  My stock 65 Mk I has a round
knob, a dished top, and a chrome bottom piece with two vertical holes.
There is no "apparent" jam nut.  Somehow the assembly is oriented with
the correct pattern alignment.

I agree with Mark that the knob and the circular dish shaped chrome
bottom are actually two pieces, both threaded, and is installed
separately, with the dish threaded first, the knob threaded second and
aligned near bottom, and the two pronged "wrench" tightening up the dish
to jam.

The "proof of the pudding" will be when someone unscrews the knob, and
sees if the chrome dish remains.  HOWEVER use caution if a special
wrench is needed to re-install.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman