[Tigers] Report and thank you

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Report and thank you
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 19:02:09 EDT
It seems I have asked a lot of list questions over the past few  months for
the "update" I have been doing.  I thought it was time to give  thanks to all
list members who have answered my questions and to 4 members in  particular who
have been ever so helpful in sharing their knowledge....Tom Hall  in engine
and tranny help and in supplying the conversion material to convert to  a 5
speed.  Tim Ronak for helpful information on details of the engine  building
identifying the timing cover, etc..  Theo Smith for help on the  many
electrical
questions regarding converting to an alternator and Buck Tripple  for much help
the front suspension.

So, I have ended up with a 331 ci and a 5 speed.  The engine  dynoed at
370hp, cruises at 1800 rpm at 70 mph and is getting about 25 mpg at  70mph.
So, I
am very satisfied in that department.  I really have to  be above 60 to use
5th gear.  It won't drive well in 4th gear at 10 mph in  the city like the old
260 would do. I'm not sure if some adjusting will help  that or if I'll have to
live with that part and actually shift.

It does pretty much fly.  I have been trying to get the first  500 miles in
and just take it easy.  However, there is one loud  Civic (with one of those
fruit juice can mufflers) that now knows what a Tiger  is.  And never had to
get
above 3500 rpm's;-)

Thank you one and all for your help.  And, see my next post  for today's
adventure.
Mark L.

Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017