Re: [Tigers] Fender Badging

To: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fender Badging
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 16:36:26 -0500
Theo, yes that's correct, and that information has been given to me before.
STOC's website elaborates on it quite a bit for the LRO cars:

http://www.sunbeamtiger.co.uk/catswhiskers/CW68alpine260.htm

Being the "L" designation meaning is still left hand drive....suggests ( to
me) that the car was probably sold in Europe in a country where they still
drive on the right side of the road, like Germany....(?) I think that is
correct.

Much of the trim on my car was missing when I got it, it basically had been
stripped, but I'm putting the lenses back and the alpine badges and such as it
would have been....based off what mr. miller told me originally when I got the
car, and Andy Walker here in Oklahoma.... he gave me the initial knowledge
base that I have on that configuration.

It does make it harder to tell people what it is...I mean, the average guy as
we've discussed doesn't know the difference between and Alpine and a Tiger, it
really throws them off when I tell them it's a Tiger, but its called an
Alpine, but its not the same Alpine as the 4cyl cars...etc etc...they just go
blank in the face.

Cullen

"The Alpine scripts and LROFE suffix is consistent with a car originally
sold in continental Europe, as I understand it. It should also have had
orange turn signal indicators as OEM equipment, IIRC.

Theo"