[Tigers] Not Tiger related,

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Not Tiger related,
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:17:58 -0500
All,

I have been battling with an issue on a project for awhile, and now I'm
getting a little desperate. Its not Tiger related...actually this car is so
far away from Tiger topics, I'm slightly hesistant to ask, but like I said,
I'm getting a little desperate and some of you guys have seen a lot of stuff
over the years, and this one is new for me, maybe someone will have an idea.

Here is a very quick background:

I have a pro street/ or more like pro touring 1967 Chevrolet Nova, or Chevy
II....I have had it for about 20 years, and built it up twice. Bought it as a
powerglide 2 spd automatic and straight 6....first build up when I was 16 was
a .030 over 350 chevy, 350 turbo automatic. Factory body, rear leaf springs,
posi 10-bolt with 3:73's, shock towers on the front, 4 wheel drums etc. it was
a stock body with a mild motor and transmission, with the bigges size tire I
could get on it on the back which was a 245/60/15...BFG on Cragar SS
wheels...that was 15-20 years ago......
.........a few years ago I decided to go thru it again, this time it got mini
tubbed, with inboard frame rails, 4 link rear suspension, ford 9", 4:11 gears,
295/50/15's, 4 wheel discs, same 350 turbo transmission, tubular mustang II
front end, rack and pinion, 406 inch small block roller motor ( dyno's at 490
horse) 8 point cage, subframe connectors, sill reinforcing tubes...and the
cage ties in to the chassis strengthing.. ( the subframe connectors and the
sill stiffiners) the rear frame rails tie in to the cross member and
driveshaft loop, and those tie in to the subframe connectos. So its very
stiff...no chassis flex, or at least  a hellofa lot less than it had to begin
with.

Wait for part 2 coming immediately after this...

Cullen