Re: [Tigers] (no subject)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject)
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:08:48 -0700
Randy,
  If these comments were brought up purely from a political argument - out
of nowhere - I would agree with you.  However, it did germinate from a
discussion about balance weights on Tigers.  Should it continue on endlessly
I would also agree that it should have a point of termination.  While this
is a "Tiger" list it is also automotive related, there are things related to
every car that affect our hobby.  Some feel a need to "vent" stronger than
others.  For me, I would prefer to give them that latitude - for a period of
time - even if I disagree (which to some extent I do).

Yesterday I posted what to me was a whimsical absurdity (old man smelting
lead in a shack) of health laws. Mark just posted about the austerity of
Vermont lead disposal.  Why should this discussion be on a Tiger list?
Because if you had to have a licensed lead expert charge you $200 to clean
corroded battery terminals I think there would be a relevance to how all
this ties together.  At times it seems like that day isn't too far off.

  Frankly, if it wasn't for these side discussions I wonder how little
traffic there would be. Eight years ago when I got on the list it was 98%
Tiger discussion.  While I wish that were still the case, obviously it is
not.  I will never have the money to buy a set of Panasports or a Martha
Wheat interior.  I have probably seen hundreds of messages on these subjects
that are on no interest to me. The simple solution - Delete.  Don't let a
few zealous people who do feel that outside issues affect their Tiger hobby
ruin your day.
Respectfully, Tom Witt

AM