Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot ?

To: "'Steve Ralsten'" <sralsten@ca.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] How hot is hot ?
From: "Duke Samouce" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:45:30 -0500
Hey Steve,

I have BTDT...except my Tiger would push towards 230 on the highway with 50
temp.  I had a 50% blocked radiator.

All you need to know for cooling the Tiger is in this article -
http://www.teae.org/cooling/cooling_article.html

If you determine that you radiator is healthy, which it seems to be, I would
block off the horn holes and install a 15" and then re-evaluate.

Here is what I made to block the horn holes -

http://e28-535i.com/upload/HHP1_1.JPG
http://e28-535i.com/upload/HHP2_1.JPG
http://e28-535i.com/upload/HHP3_1.JPG

Some sheet aluminum and door strip sealer from Home Depot.  They are a
friction fit installed from the front side of the radiator bulkhead.

Duke

B382002037