Re: [Tigers] What is the "correct" engine color?

To: "'Scott Hutchinson'" <shutchin@netjets.com>, "'Duke Samouce'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What is the "correct" engine color?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 12:00:47 -0400
Here is a list of engine date codes;

Tiger Engine Order Date codes

1       T15KL           8-15-63
2       E7KL            11-7-63
3       G13KA           1-13-64
4       L2KA            3-2-64
5       A12KA           4-12-64
6       A27KA           4-27-64
7       K22KA           6-22-64
8       T12KA           8-12-64
9       S6KA            10-6-64
10      S27KA           10-27-64
11      F21KA           12-21-64
12      B19KC           2-19-65
13      A11KK           4-11-66
14      A22KK           4-22-66

My engine's date code is F21KA; this block and all previous engines should
be Black according to TBON.

Everyone should just check and we will see if there are any discrepancies.

The real question should be what color is your F21KA or B19KC block.  These
date codes span the serial numbers in question.

B19KC blocks are first listed in TBON around B382000164 and F21KA blocks
extent to around B3820001058.

Let the poll begin.

Ron Fraser