Re: [Tigers] Interior Insulation

To: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Interior Insulation
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:32:11 -0400
Bugz,
You are thinking LizardSkin Ceramic coating. My car isn't on the road so I
can't comment on effectiveness.

My theory of avoiding stick down stuff (Thermo-Tec or Koolmat) was that I
recall a college friend who never remembered (too many drinkies) to put his
convertible top up, he would often have to pull the carpet, and floor plugs
out to let things air out. And that seemed like a breeding ground for rust
here in the Midwest to me.

You can read my take on LS here...
http://www.breuhan.com/sunbeam/lizardskin/index.html

My website is 6 months out of date, I have since painted over the LizardSkin,
a small bit of what that looks like can be seen here...
http://www.breuhan.com/sunbeam/enginecompart/3.jpg
(Look at the trunk floor and spare tire well)

And a shot that shows some of the paint interior firewall...
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/daddytiger64/33460173.jpg

I hope this helps you, feel free to ask me questions,

Paul (I will not talk Guns, Religion, Politics or anything else) Breuhan

> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:05:14 -0400> From: mark.rense@ge.com> To:
tigers@autox.team.net> Subject: [Tigers] Interior Insulation> > And now for
something complete ON topic:> > I am almost done with the paint work on
B382001465 and am starting the> interior. The current interior is the
thinnest, cheesiest POS carpeting> I have ever seen, no doubt Vicky Brit
stuff, plus there is no insulation> at all.> > Please remind me what is the
ceramic paint-on insulation some have used> on the floors and firewall? I
Googled but could not find a reference.> What is your experience with
application? How well does it work?> > Also, if any of you have had experience
with products like Thermo-Tec or> Koolmat I would like to know yea or nea.> >
Thanks, Bugz