Re: [Tigers] Interior Insulation

To: "'Rense, Mark \(GE Indust, ConsInd\)'" <mark.rense@ge.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Interior Insulation
From: "Frank P. Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:06:44 -0700
I've used Dynamat in doors and body panels to help make the panels stiffer
and heavier for sound deadening purposes.  In my opinion the panels, and
doors especially, can feel and sound better, or more substantial, when
treated with a heavy undercoat.

On the floor of my Tiger I used a jute type material similar to the
original.  I am suspicious that jute may not be the preferable material for
this application.  I was pretty happy with the finished product.  There were
lots of individually cut pieces to fit in the floor pressing patterns.  This
gave a smooth and tight looking floor after the carpet was installed.

Frank