[Tigers] bulb question and a little warning

To: "Tigers Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] bulb question and a little warning
From: "Owain Lloyd" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:02:32 +0100
hello, can anyone direct me to the type of bulb to buy to replace the
rear license place light bulbs?   the one i have has no markings on it
and local store doesn't carry anything like it.

and now the warning...

on a related note, the other night i decided to take the tiger to pick
up a take out order.  i backed out the garage and flipped on the
headlights - nothing came on and the charge light and panel lights
went out.  my first thought (silly me) was that the battery was low,
so i turned them off and cranked the engine.  no problem - so i turned
them back on and still no lights.  before i could flip them off (maybe
1 second) the dash started smoking.  i turned them off, drove back in
and took another car.  today i looked for the short and found the left
hand headlight bulb was the cause - its shorted the ground to the two
live terminals!  i have replacement 7" xenon units with modern H4
bulbs (made by GERLUX) which are less than a year old.  it was a close
call and could have been much worse (destroyed wiring or even a fire)
so i'll definitely be wiring in a fuse to the headlights and urge
anyone who hasn't already to do likewise.