Re: [Tigers] Off Topic... Laptop Issue, my data logger..

To: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Off Topic... Laptop Issue, my data logger..
From: "Owain Lloyd" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:56:18 +0100
mayf, dave,

i'm a computer scientist and that would be my first thought too.  this
is most likely hardware related rather than software.  i have a
similar problem if i plug my switched mode blackberry charger into an
outlet near my mac book air - the touch pad goes mad every time i
touch it.  they appear to be susceptible to some electromagnetic
radiation.

i would try disabling the internal touchpad in the bios (machine
settings accessible by pressing some key when it first turns on -
before windows starts loading).