[Tigers] 260 engine tag and the 510 designation

To: <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, <t-brandt@sbcglobal.net>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] 260 engine tag and the 510 designation
From: "Duke Samouce" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 20:05:11 -0500
Hey Ron,

Here is a tag I bought on Ebay that claimed to come from a Tiger 260.  I did
not believe it but bought the tag due to the 260 scarcity these days.
I was wondering about the 510-J on it that I could not find anywhere in the
Mannel book.

Thanks so much for confirming that I have a real-deal Tiger 260 engine tag
which will go on my 260 engine.

Here is a link to a picture - http://e28-535i.com/upload/260tag.jpg
I found it very interesting that a 260 had a 1966 date code.  I did not know
they made the 260 in 1966.

Here is a question, where would one attach this tag on the F4B manifold?

Duke
B382002037