Re: [Tigers] E-Brake Cable

To: "'steve wick'" <srwick@hotmail.com>, "'tigers'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] E-Brake Cable
From: "Duke Samouce" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 09:45:38 -0500
My .02,

The springs were designed for the Series V Alpine and are way too soft for
the Tigers HP even, even stock.   The SV Alpine was a touring car that was
designed for a smooth , soft ride.  Look at any US Muscle car from that era,
they have 3-4 leaves and are quite stiff to handle the live rear axles of
the day.  Dales springs have four leaves with a fifth half leave that is
mounted on the top front =  of the spring.  They also do not have that front
massive bushing.  The front bushing is 1 just like the rear.

The soft springs with the large front bushing may be your overstore problem.
Also, your traction bars bind up the front = of the spring and make that
portion useless.  You essentially only have the back = of the spring working
for you at that point.  I had the LAT weld on traction bars.  When I removed
them, they were both bent in different areas.  My panhard bar was still
installed and the body is intact.  I attest that to the original engine and
the car being off the road since 1972.  I would have eventually pulled out.

Duke

B382002037