Re: [Tigers] oil coolers

To: <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] oil coolers
From: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 10:09:55 -0700
Owain Lloyd wrote:
> quick question about the benefits of an oil cooler..................

....And speaking of oil coolers, in my final push to completely solve
the hot gas to the carb. problem that most (all???) Tigers have, I got
this suggestion from a hot rod shop here in Tucson, Arizona. They
suggest I install a small transmission cooler (maybe where the Alpine
and Tiger stock oil cooler goes) and run the fuel line from the pump
through that, then up to the carb. They say that several hot rodders
with vapor lock/fuel boiling issues have solved the problem with this,
and that the trans. coolers handle gasoline with no problem.. Has anyone
tried this?

Next, if the theory is correct, would a stock Alpine or Tiger oil cooler
work for this application (after being pressure tested, etc., of
course)?  Stock look....cool fuel?

Steve Sage
Tiger MK1A

Database version: 5.10650e