[Tigers] Open up my soft top

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Open up my soft top
From: "Steve Ralsten" <sralsten@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:41:00 -0800
I know my car carried a full time hardtop for over 30 years. It's
now off and I've opened up the back. I found a top that was covered with
that soft corrugated cardboardbox type material that comes on rolls.
It was quite neatly arranged and can be seen just as I first saw it in the
below picture..

I'm curious if anyone on the list ever saw and remembers how this top came
from the factory. When I saw the way it was packed it occured to me that
perhaps
it had never been opened. The softop material is quite soft and seems usable
except for the yellowed window. The rubber and the silicone like joint
sealers
that tie the material to the frame completely shatter at the slightest
touch.

I got the left side of top up and connected to the windshield but the rt
side would not raise
high enough to clear the behind door post.

It was kind of in my plan to ask for "where do I go from here" advice
at the next CAT fix in.

Steve R

PICTURE

http://www.mozartforum.com/images/Eeds%20Tiger/SOFT%20TOP%20OPENING%201.jpg