[Tigers] Caliper

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Caliper
From: Larry & Susan <wrightsinseabrook@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 08:07:38 -0400
          Alas, I have not only been away from the Tiger List too long, but
I haven9t been out in the car enough either. I guess I went a few too many
weeks or months with the car sitting in the garage (on a lift) and I noticed
a telltale drip on the inside of one rear tire. So, I have a hydraulic leak.
Ugh! I hate working on hydraulics

          So, it9s time to address those calipers. Yes, rear discs, I have
one of Dale9s rear disc conversions that I put on during my 1999 suspension
rebuild (I9ll spare you all and not repost my 3Underneath2 story, all 21,000
words of it). So, I called Dale. He was friendly enough, as always, but he9s
not 3supporting2 that conversion anymore, so I need to look elsewhere. He
tells me the calipers are for a Fiat 124 Spyder, any year will fit, and he
tells me that rebuilding them is not practical so I need entire new calipers
but he thinks they are only $55-$60 each.

          Therefore, before I merely call the local auto parts store, has
anyone replaced there before, or sourced them themselves bypassing Dale9s
kit, or maybe even belong to a Fiat club? I am looking for some place where
I can order a pair of calipers on-line that knows what they are doing, I
don9t want to trust the local Pep Boys counterman used to supplying
alternators for Ford Escorts.

    Larry Wright