Re: [Tigers] Hot Ignition

To: <Carmods@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hot Ignition
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:17:17 -0600
Steve Sage had that happen to him. Check all your spade connections on
the back of the switch to see if any are loose. If not, then the
contacts inside are in poor enough shape that they can't pass all the
current required by the ignition, wipers and heater... I'm wiring my
Tiger with a Painless auxiliary fuse panel (3 unswitched and 4 switched)
where a 30 amp relay takes all the high-current load and the ignition
switch just closes the relay coil.

Theo