Re: [Tigers] Classic Car Insurance

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Classic Car Insurance
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann@lwpb.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 08:20:18 -0500
My Tiger is still a project, so its insured value is much lower at the
moment....but I do have 2 cars insured with a company call Condon and Skelley,
and its similar to what you all are talking about. Its stated value, stated
mileage. I have one that I have stated at 35k, to be driven less than 2500
miles a year, full coverage, comprehensive...and the cost is very reasonable.
They have never disputed or questioned my stated value on what I was
submitting for coverage.

http://www.condonskelly.com/

...regarding Tiger values, I watch selling prices as often as I can in
reasonable atmospheres...not really ebay and barrett Jackson, because IMO
these are not accurately reflective of the market value...but more like cars
that sell and are negotiated from craigslist, classic car trader, hemmings,
etc...and friends that sell cars, trying to get an average idea of selling
prices...and I have been thinking that nice restored Tiger Mk1 and 1a drivers
are 30-40k, and it seems that MkII's are about a 1/2 again more (?) like 65
ish? I have less of an idea about the MkII's......

CM