Re: [Tigers] Girling Brake Booster Question

To: "'Jeffrey Nichols'" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Girling Brake Booster Question
From: "Jerry" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:39:14 -0500
Jeff,

I don't know of anyway to check a booster; it would take a good vacuum
source and also a hydraulic source to operate it, which of course would be
your car. If the rebuild was done properly I would think it would work just
fine as long as the hydraulic and vacuum openings were covered during the
shelf life.

There is nowhere the fluid can go except inside the vacuum can and you
wouldn't know that unless you check the fluid level often after you install
the booster. There is a seal on the vacuum piston rod and if that fails or
leaks you will get fluid in the can then eventually in the intake manifold,
that's why it's important to monitor the fluid level. If it's going down and
there aren't any leaks on the four wheels it's a good bet that is where the
leak is.

Put it in and make sure there isn't any thing in front of you as you try it
the first time. ;)

Good luck.

Jerry Christopherson

9473187