Re: [Tigers] Thunderbird 302s / 90 degree adapter

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Thunderbird 302s / 90 degree adapter
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:35:09 -0700 (PDT)
After giving the short water pump "parts swap" some more thought, I realized
that somewhere "donor car or engine" had been mentioned or maybe I dreamed it.
At any rate, if a person had the complete engine and was installing same, all
parts would have to line up. But if changing them on an early SBF engine some
problems will still arise. Thinking(dangerous for me) that the donor engine
would have a crank pulley that makes things line up, I have to wonder if it
will clear everything our crank pulley does. I think of this because to the
best of my memory, there are no other cars that used the same pulley. Also the
newer engine has a four bolt harmonic balancer- most likely a 50 oz. so it
would require the purchase of an adjustable balancer if used on an older 28 oz.
engine. They are available and will allow fitment of three or four hole
pulleys, in case it required the stock Tiger crank pulley for fitment. I'm
really interested to know if this shorter water
 pump and pulleys that match will solve problems or create new ones. I'm not
trying to be a pessimist, just have a desire to know about any and all parts
that will fit on Tigers, especially if they make improvement over stock parts.

Another subject, recently mentioned was the 90 degree oil filter adapter. I
remember a post saying it wouldn't work on a car with headers but I think I
also read that CAT had headers made that it did clear. I know that each time
CAT made a new order for headers, they had the manufacture to rework the
previous set to correct any problems with clearances etc. Having tried to do so
with each order made in the past. With that in mind, is there anyone who is
using the 90 degree filter adapter and also running headers that clear the
adapter/filter?
 Thanks in advance.
Tony