Re: [Tigers] TAC QUESTION

To: Cushcom1@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] TAC QUESTION
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 08:23:43 -0700
At 08:23 AM 10/11/2008, you wrote:
>Listers, my just purchased Tiger Mk1A (B382000441LRXFE) had been tac'd at
>some point and was so registered. When it underwent a full restoration in
>1997-98, the TAC sticker was removed. What do I do to secure a new
>sticker for  the
>car? I live in San Diego, out the area for the California-based inspection
>team.

Because the original TAC sticker was apparently destroyed or removed
in the restoration process, you will need to have the Tiger
re-certified by a TAC Team, just as it was originally.  It will then
be issued a new TAC Certificate number and a new Hallmark sticker
will be applied to the chassis.  The previous Certificate number (68)
has now been voided in our records.

Buck Trippel (Buck Trippel@Verizon.net) is our Senior Inspector in
the SoCal area, and he is the one to contact regarding the upcoming
schedules for TAC activities in that area.  Rumor has it that his
team will be able to provide this service at a CAT event on November
1st, but you'll need to confirm that with him.

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
www.tigerengineering.net