[Tigers] Crossmember mods...?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Crossmember mods...?
From: "Jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 19:13:43 -0700
I took my crossmember out last week not fun! Three of the bolts came out
all right but the fourth ( Right front ) I ended up twisting the tube right
out of the frame and having to do a messy weld to get the thing out!  Tom
Hall had pointed out to me that the front tubes were sinking when the car
was Taced ( a common problem after 40 years of panic braking) so I guess
Ill put the suggested reinforcing plates in for sure now

I was wondering if any of the listers who race or have modified their
crossmember have ever run acrossor made alternate holes for the top A
arm? My crossmember has 2 sets of holesthe stock top holes and another
set that are lowerthe front hole is 1 lower and the back one is 1 3/8
lower  I can see that it WAS mounted there (lower) at one time in the
past( The P.O.said that when he got the car there was a lot of negative
camber when he got the car and he spent a great deal of effort correcting
this I have no idea what he did though)  Right now the alignment is within
factory spec with no shims on the leftand one 1/8 shim at the rear of the
right one

Im still working on my Mazda power rack setuplooks like the electric pump
will go in the right wheel well and the tank will be where the washer bottle
was

Another questionthe rack is a little quicker ( almost = a turn) and would
actually turn the wheels a bit sharper but is physically stopped out by the
spindlesWould it be safe to grind a bit off of them to allow a bit smaller
turning circles?? I know theres room for the tires

Jim