Re: [Tigers] tiger tranny color

To: "Rense, Mark (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tiger tranny color
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:59:29 -0700
Mark,

It is my understanding that the TAC validation is provided regardless of
engine/transmission size, manufacturer, or color.  Those are for
Concours judging.

TAC just wants to assure that the car was ORIGINALLY a Tiger, vs an
altered Alpine.

If the other parts have been so modified that it is not possible to
determine original model, then it does not get a certificate.  Those
"Alger" converters don't even bother to get authenticated.  They would
not pass the known differences, as well as the undisclosed differences.

http://www.classictiger.com/mudge/tac/clone-page02.htm

and

http://www.classictiger.com/mudge/tac/tac1.htm

Steve